With customers across the UK, through Europe and further afield, Price Western means many things to many people.What everyone gets is outstanding customer service and a commitment to excellence in design, delivery and our environmental and community-based responsibilities.
Price Western Leather Co. Ltd. has systematically reviewed the context in which we operate and evaluated our actual and potential environmental aspects and impacts which might directly or indirectly result from its use of raw materials, processes, products and wastes. In this evaluation particular note was taken of customer concerns over global warming, ozone depletion, resource utilization, life cycle issues, compliance to legislation and the potential for pollution.
It was found that the activities of Price Western Leather have relatively small environmental impacts but these are addressed by the implementation of our ISO 14001 Environmental Management System and the following Environmental Policy aims.
- Meet or, where practical, exceed all legislative, regulatory and other requirements appropriate to our business.
- Regularly review the environmental risks and opportunities identified and use this information to continually improve the Company’s environmental performance by setting meaningful objectives and targets.
- Promote optimum and efficient use of raw materials and energy to improve resource utilisation and reduce waste.
- Work towards the prevention, reduction and eventual elimination of any actual or potential pollution arising from our activities with particular focus on Volatile Organic Compounds used in our inks and adhesives.
- Raise the awareness and understanding of all staff about the Company’s Environmental Policy and maintain awareness of environmental issues and related matters.
- Provide the interested parties with relevant and appropriate information and establish open and on- going dialogue with persons having a bona fide interest in the Company’s activities.
- Ensure these aims are achieved by the use of appropriate procedures and management systems that will be systematically monitored, audited, reviewed and improved.
The Registration puts Price Western at the forefront of the industry and assures its customers that they can choose a partner who produces goods of the highest quality using the most efficient processes in terms of cost and environmental impact.
With our Environmental Policy and continually reviewed working practices, we aim to stay ahead of forthcoming legislation and work with our staff, suppliers and customers to remain a responsible member of the community.
Contact: Lynne Curtis
Title: Environmental Management Representative
Contact: Gary Parsons
Title: Quality Management Representative